The Dhammakaya Meditation Center Boston is a non-profit organization with a primary purpose to teach meditation. It is our conviction that individual peacefulness of mind underlies the collective potential for harmony and peace in the world. Boston Meditation Center co-operates with the Dhammakaya Foundation in Thailand, a non-governmental organization of the United Nations.
Dhammakaya Meditation Center Boston was founded in Massachusetts in July, 7, 2009.Venerable, Dhammajayo Bhikkhu, DMC founder, has a vision to succeed the Great Abbot of Wat Paknam (Phra Mongkolthepmuni)’s goals to promote meditation and spiritual practice internationally and to support world peace regardless of race, nationality, religious beliefs, and ethnic background.
The new meditation center has relocated from Medford to Quincy, Massachusetts. The activities organized by DMCB include meditation lessons, retreats, Buddhism teaching, and youth training. Classes are provided both in English and in Thai, at no charge, but donations are welcomed.
D. M.C.B Regulations
In order to preserve a chaste and peaceful environment, D.M.C.B would ask for your cooperation in the following respects while on the premises:
– No smoking or addictive substances.
– No trading, promotions, leafleting, electioneering, or
– No newspaper or magazines.
– No radio, romantic music, dancing, gambling, lotteries
– No pets allowed
– No unauthorized release of animals on the premises.
– Please dress conservatively as in Temple attire.
– Operating hours: 9:30 am- 5:00 pm.
– Specific interests by appointments.