129th Year Anniversary of the Great Master
As a way to pay utmost reverence to the Great Master Luang Pu Wat Paknam Bhasicharoen (Sodh Candasaro) and his exemplary virtues, his faithful disciples have cast gold statues of the Great Master. These gold statues will be enshrined in all the important and significant places in the life of the Great Master to give evidence to his attainment of Vijja Dhammakaya for future generations to study and follow. These important locations are as follows:
1. Place of Birth – Song Pi Nong District in Suphan Buri Province is the site of the Great Master Memorial Hall where a gold statue of the Great Master and his biography are enshrined.
2. Wat Song Pi Nong in Song Pi Nong District of Suphan Buri Province. This is the temple where the Great Master ordained into the monkhood.
3. Wat Bode Bon in Bang Kuvieng Sub-District of Nonthaburi Province. This is the temple where the Great Master practiced meditation until he attained the Dhammakaya within.
4. Wat Bang Pla in Bang Lane District of Nakhon Phathom Province. This is the temple that the Great Master taught meditation for the very first time and where three venerable monks and four laypersons successfully attained the Dhammakaya within.
5. Wat Paknam Bhasicharoen in Bangkok. This is the temple where the Great Master became abbot, taught and propagated meditation to a great number of venerable monks, novice monks, laymen and laywomen so that they may attain the Dhammakaya. Before the Great Master passed away, he instructed his disciples not to cremate his body but to keep it at Wat Paknam Bhasicharoen, and for them to help propagate Buddhism and Vijja Dhammakaya all over the world.
6. Wat Phra Dhammakaya, Pathum Thani Province. This is the temple where a gold statue of the Great Master, one and a half times his actual size, has been enshrined in the Memorial Hall of Phramongkolthepmuni (Sodh Candasaro) in order for everyone to come pay respect and practice meditation. The aim of Wat Phra Dhammakaya is to disseminate Buddhism and Vijja Dhammakaya all over the world.
16th September 2016 Is the Dhammakaya Master Day
99 years ago on a full moon day of the 10th lunar month, the Great Master Phramongkolthepmuni (Sodh Candasaro) made an important rediscovery of a knowledge that had been lost for over two thousand years. His great rediscovery: the Dhammakaya Knowledge. In honor of the Great Master’s outstanding attainment, the historic day was designated the Dhammakaya Master Day. Every year on this day at Wat Phra Dhammakaya in Pathum Thani Province, faithful disciples of the Great Master gather to pay their highest reverence to the Lord Buddha and the Dhammakaya Master and to follow in their footsteps by earnestly practicing meditation.
Thursday, 16 September 2013 (B.E. 2559) marks the 99th Anniversary of the Dhammakaya Master Day and along with the meritorious activities throughout the day there will be a special ceremony to enshrine the Gold Image of the Great Master in the Memorial Hall of Phramongkolthepmuni as a commemoration of the Great Master, his triumphant rediscovery of the Dhammakaya Knowledge, and immense contribution to Buddhism.
We would like to invite all the disciples of the Great Master Phramongkolthepmuni in Thailand and around the world to come participate in all the merit making events on the Dhammakaya Master Day and the ceremony to enshrine the Gold Image of the Great Master in the Memorial Hall of Phramongkolthepmuni. The ceremony will commence at 9.00 AM at Wat Phra Dhammakaya in Pathum Thani Province. For more information, please visit www.dhammakaya.net and www.dmc.tv or call 02- 831-1000.